FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the qualifications of the JFF grant?
- BASIC FERTILITY WORKUP: You should have completed a basic fertility workup prior to consideration that will include:
- Semen Analysis (unless paying for a sperm donor)
- Ultrasound for uterine architecture
- Bloodwork for ovarian reserve and FSH levels
- RELIGION: Jewish-defined as at least 1 Jewish parent (Jewish = as from birth or conversion from any denomination); intention of raising child Jewish
- AGE: Priority to female candidates aged 37 and under
- LIFESTYLE: Non smoker, non drug use
- PRESENCE OF CHILDREN: Up to 1 from the woman
- EXCEPTIONS: Will not consider those candidates that require fertility treatments due to vasectomy or BTL (bilateral tubal ligation).
How do I know if my clinic is a member of SART?
Each of the four major clinics in Atlanta is a member of SART:
- Atlanta Center for Reproductive Medicine (ACRM)
- Emory Reproductive Center
- Georgia Reproductive Specialists (GRS)
- Reproductive Biology Associates (RBA)
If I am selected to receive the grant money from JFF, how will the money be given?
- If selected to receive a grant from JFF, the money will be sent directly to the fertility clinic to cover fertility treatments. The recipient will not be receiving the money directly.
What does the grant cover/not cover?
- The grant money will cover treatments performed on the applicant at the fertility clinic for a new IVF cycle. This does not include testing prior to the IVF cycle, Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGS), any medications taken throughout the cycle, egg or sperm donation, or or any surrogacy charges.
What is the time frame for the application process?
- The application is open for 6 weeks.
- Grant decisions will be made 4 weeks after the application date closes.
How will I be notified of a decision?
- Once a decision has been made, you will be notified via email if you have been selected or declined.
How long do I have to use the funding
- Funding must be used before our next application deadline closes.
Funding process: how does it work?
- Funds will be paid directly to the clinic on your behalf. We will work with you and the clinic to coordinate receipt of funds in a manner that ensures your treatments can proceed smoothly.
What is the process once you receive my completed application?
- SCREENING: Your application will first be screened to ensure that it is complete and that you meet our qualifications for the grant.
- FINANCIAL QUALIFICATION COMMITTEE: From there, it will be presented to our Financial Qualification Committee (FQC) where it will be analyzed for financial eligibility.
- MEDICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE: If approved by the FQC, the application will be presented to our Medical Advisory Committee (MAC). They will review the application to determine medical eligibility and make their recommendations.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS: At that point, the remaining eligible candidates will be presented to the Board of Directors of JFF who will vote to allocate funds based on availability. All applicants will be notified via email within 4 weeks of the application deadline.
How confidential is the information I’m submitting?
- Your review process is completely confidential. We will keep your information on file throughout the application and review process. After 2 months, your private information will be shredded.
Do I qualify to apply for the grant if I/my partner isn’t Jewish?
- Our organization defines Jewish as at least one Jewish parent (from birth or conversion from any denomination). We require that our applicants have the intention of raising child as Jewish.
Can I apply for the grant if I already have children?
- We will consider an applicant for funding who has one child already (from the woman).
What is JIFLA and how can they help me?
- We have partnered with the Jewish Interest Free Loan of Atlanta (JIFLA) who has agreed to work with applicants to receive an interest-free loan up to $5,000. JIFLA will select their own applicants to receive this grant - JFF is not involved in this process. If you are interested in applying for this loan, click here for more information and to see their financial qualification information.
Additional Questions? Feel free to contact Elana Frank